NDFD periodically hires on-call firefighters to fill shift vacancies and to assist during special event coverage. To be employed at NDFD, on-call firefighters must be employed and/or volunteer with another fire department. Required certifications include:
- Firefighter I & II
- State of Indiana Basic Medical Technician Certification
Preferences will be given to those who hold any or all of the following certifications:
- State of Indiana Emergency Medical Technician Certification
- Confined Space Operations or Technician
- Rope Rescue Operations or Technician Ice and/or Surface Water Rescue
- Other technical rescue certifications
How to apply
Please do not contact the Notre Dame Fire Department directly.
Vacancies will be posted on the Notre Dame Office of Human Resources website.